How to Generate and Download the Product License Key
- To get the fingerprint for the machine where you are about to install InfoPrint Manager, log in to the server using the root user.
- On a command shell terminal, run the getfingerprint utility available on the root of the base DVD-ROM or ISO of the product. The output of the command is the server fingerprint needed to generate the license key for your product.
- Open the EMS - Entitlement Certificate email and find the EID.
- Go to the Ricoh Production Print Software website https://dl.ricohsoftware.com and click the Software Activation button.
- Type or paste the EID into the Enter your EID field.
- Type or paste the server fingerprint into the Enter your System Fingerprint field. Make sure to include the asterisk (*) at the beginning of the system fingerprint.
- Click Confirm Content. The Activation Content Confirmation dialog is displayed.
- Click Activate. The Activation confirmed dialog is displayed. The license key has been generated and sent in a file to the
email address provided when the purchasing order was placed.Note: If you see an error message that the license could not be generated because checksum validation failed, you entered an incorrect system fingerprint.
- If you want the license key file to be sent to a different email address, click Email License Key. Then type the email address and click Send.
- If you want to download the license key file to your computer, click Download License Key.
- If you want to copy the license key, click Copy License Key to Clipboard.
- Retrieve the license key file from the email (or from your computer) and transfer it to the server.
- Give the license key file a name that identifies your server.
- Store the license key file in a convenient location on your server. You select this file when the installer or LKMA asks for the license key path.
Information about updates to this release of InfoPrint Manager is available online, where it is updated as necessary. The RICOH InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Base Server DVD-ROM, contains a version of this documentation, but for the most recent information about InfoPrint Manager, go to the RICOH Software Information Center at https://help.ricohsoftware.com/swinfocenter.
- You must always check that the license key you download matches the current server version and release. For example, if you have installed an older version but a new license code is available for the latest version, the new license code does not apply to the older version already installed.
- Make sure that you keep a list of EIDs you own and the servers that correspond to these EIDs.
- Not all supplied keys actually unlock specific features. Many keys are supply order features that are used for other purposes.
- Maintenance upgrade licenses purchased after the expiry of the initial one year software maintenance are shipped without any keys to unlock the base version. You must install keys from both EIDs on all systems to extend the Maintenance license.
- InfoPrint Manager must be installed while logged into AIX as
root. InfoPrint Manager requires Korn shell 88 (ksh88) for operation, and will not function properly if Korn shell 93 (ksh93) is used under
root. Korn shell 93 can be used, however, under another login. To determine which version you are using, enter
set -o emacsfrom the command line, and then press
Ctrl v. You should get a response similar to
Version M-11/16/88f(ksh88) or