Creating default users
To control access to InfoPrint, see the "Managing Security for InfoPrint Manager for AIX" procedure that is available from the RICOH InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Procedures publication.
Running InfoPrint as the root user is not recommended under any circumstances. The admin user can perform both administrator and operator tasks on InfoPrint systems. The oper user can perform operator tasks, but is prohibited from performing administrative tasks. To set up these users, do this:
- Access the InfoPrint Utilities main menu by:
- If you do not have an InfoPrint Manager icon on your front panel, open the InfoPrint folder in the Application Manager and double click InfoPrint SMIT. Then click InfoPrint Utilities.
- If you do have an InfoPrint Manager icon on your front panel, open InfoPrint Manager's popup menu and click InfoPrint SMIT. Then click InfoPrint Utilities.
- Click Create Default Users.
- Click OK when asked, "Are you sure?"
- Log the passwords that you set for the admin and oper users because they will be needed in the future.