Customizing the xml2afp.cfg file
- Create a new xml2afp configuration file, xml2afp.cfg, which lets you configure the xmp2afp transform.
To create the file on AIX, copy the sample configuration file,
cp /usr/lpp/xml2afp/samples/xml2afp.cfg /etc/xml2afp.cfgNote: If you want to modify the sample configuration file, you still need to copy it.
- Edit the file using your preferred editor, such as vi or notepad.
- On the FONTLIB keyword, specify the location of the AFP font libraries to be used
by the xml2afp transform. For example,
FONTLIB="//SYS1.FONTOLN://SYS1.FONT300"You can use MVS partitioned data set names, which are fully qualified and prefixed with two slashes. Use colons to separate entries in the list.
- If necessary, customize these items:
Important: The configuration file is a shell script. You can use any commands that are valid according to /bin/sh. However, because the script runs for each invocation of xml2afp transform when it is not managed by InfoPrint Manager, avoid using any commands that take a long time to complete.
- Font index files
If you want to customize the way the xml2afp transform maps character data from your documents to AFP fonts, create or modify a font index file and then specify, under the XML2AFP_CUSTOM keyword, the directory where your font index file is located. Font index files are located in the same directory as the device types file (for example, /etc/xml2afp).
You can create your own font index file or use the ones supplied with the xml2afp transform.. The font index files describe the file syntax and include one file that specifies outline fonts (
/usr/lpp/psf/xmltransform/outline_font_indexand one file that specifies raster fonts (
/usr/lpp/psf/xmltrasnform//raster_font_index. See either of those font index files for information to help you create a font index file.
- XML Toolkit location with the TOOLKIT and CLASSPATH keywords
- Java executable location with the JAVA keyword
- The xml2afp transform location with the XML2AFP_BASE keyword, if it is installed in a location other than /usr/lpp/psf/xml2afp.
- Memory the Java virtual machine uses to run the transform with the HEAP_SIZE keyword
- Font index files
- On the FONTLIB keyword, specify the location of the AFP font libraries to be used by the xml2afp transform. For example,
See "xml2afp Command: transforms XML data to AFP" in the "InfoPrint Manager Tools"
chapter in InfoPrint Manager: Reference for the sample XML transforms configuration file,
/usr/lpp/psf/xml2afp/samples/xml2afp.cfg, that is shipped with the xml2afp transform.