Editing configuration files
pcl2afpd.cfg. For the PostScript transform they are:
ps2afpd.cfg(used with InfoPrint 4000 and InfoPrint 4100 printers), and
3160d.cfg(used with all other IPDS printers). You only need to edit one of these files based on the data stream that your driver produces, the printer you send your jobs to, and on these considerations.
3160d.cfgif you want everyone to use the same mappings. This method is recommended.
ps2afp.cfgif different people have to use different mappings.
- On the system that your InfoPrint Manager server is installed on, locate the file.
It should be in the
- Open the file in a text editor, such as dtpad, vi, or pico.
At the bottom of the file, you will see blocks of instructions and sample commands.
- Modify the file according to the instructions in the file.
Choose one of the options and uncomment that line, then enter your mapping numbers. If you are using the ps2afp transform, replace the inputX=... portion of the device_controls line with your identification statement from Identifying paper trays to InfoPrint Manager.
- Save the file.
Note: It is recommended that you save a copy of your changes in a directory outside of the
/usr/lpp/psfpath so that you have a copy in case you ever have to re-install or apply service to InfoPrint Manager.
- Close the file.
- Restart the configuration daemon (for example, for PCL, specify
pcl2afpd -C /usr/lpp/psf/pcl2afp/pcl2afpd.cfgat the AIX command line) to have the new settings take effect.
- Tell your users what kind of paper is in each bin and how to print to each of them.