Editing the /etc/environment file
This example shows how to set the PDPRINTER environment variable in the /etc/environment file using the vi editor:
- Enter this command to change to the /etc directory:
- Enter this command:
A typical /etc/environment file contains lines similar to this:
- Insert or modify this line in the /etc/environment file:
PDPRINTER=LogicalDestinationNamewhere LogicalDestinationName is the name of the logical printer you want to set as the default logical printer for all users.
- Save the change in plain text format and exit from the editor.
- Make the change effective by entering the command:
- Verify the change by entering the command:
echo $PDPRINTERThe logical destination name you entered displays.