Viewing a Job in the InfoPrint Manager Web Interface
Use this option to view the documents for the selected job.
- The Job Viewer function in the Web Interface application depends on the correct hostnames. You might have to add entries to your hosts file on your client computer to correctly resolve the host name resolution.
- The Web Server needs to run on the system where the actual document is located.
- Adobe PDF plug-in must be enabled in the browser.
- The View Job option is enabled only when the job is in pending, paused, held, unknown, or retained status.
- These data streams are supported by the Job Viewer:
- To view a documents content, you must be added to the JobViewer group and have rights
to run the InfoPrint Manager list commands. The members of the JobViewer group are
authorized to view the job print files if the confidential-job attribute value is
set to false or to its default value.
You can add users to the JobViewer group using the command line or the SMIT interface. For more information, see the Working with ACLs and groups section in the InfoPrint Manager for AIX: Procedures book.
- The View Job option allows you:
- to view the documents for the selected job;
- to navigate through the pages of the document;
- to jump to a specific page.
- to view the whole document if this option is enabled in SMIT. Also, if you have the PDF viewer plug-in installed, you can search for information in the whole document.
When you select a job, a dialog is displayed containing the document names, IDs, and a statement indicating if the document can be viewed or not.
You can select only one document at a time.
To view a job:
- Select the job that you want to view in the main panel or in the Jobs panel.
- Right-click the job and select View job.
- In the View Job dialog, select the document you want to view and click View.
- The document content is displayed in a new browser tab.
- Use the viewer controls to move through the job.
Note: The Job Viewer uses AFP fonts if it can find them in any of these places:
Inline with the job
In the directories specified by the AFP resource path job property
- /usr/lpp/psf/reslib for AIX and Linux