Creating a custom step (transform) object that updates the job's page count
To define a data stream transform object from the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface, use this procedure:
- Connect to the InfoPrint Manager server using the InfoPrint Manager Web Administration Interface.
- In the left-hand Objects panel, click the Servers tab.
- Click , the Menu icon, and select Custom Steps (Transforms)....
- Click the New button in the upper right corner.
- In the Create New Custom Step (Transform) dialog, fill in the fields as shown in the following figure. For this example, the passvals program that is called by the PASSVALUES transform object gets passed both the resource-context document attribute and the job-owner job attribute, as well as an update file. You should change the passvals program to your transform program that knows how many pages are in the job, and then change the parameters in Transform Options to what your program expects with the %u being the update_file that will be passed to the transform_update utility when your transform calls it. Other attributes, like resource-context and job-owner, can be included or omitted as required by the needs of your transform.
- Click OK. InfoPrint Manager saves the transform under the name you provided in the Name field. To see the values of this transform, click , the Menu icon, on the Servers tab and select the Custom Steps (Transforms)... option.